Saturday, September 13, 2008

Just so you know, I saw the "mortal enemy girl" yesterday and apologized. I told her I was having a "Mommy Moment" and she can dance with my son any time she chooses. -------- A few days ago #2 was listing the reasons it is good to be a home schooler... You can wrap up in a cozy blanket while you do your lessons. Sometimes you get to wear pajamas to school. You can eat lunch whenever you are hungry. You can kiss your mom halfway through a math lesson. (That was my favorite.) -------- This is the beginning of a story that will take a long time to tell and work out. The following is Part One. I have been trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. I have tried to think about what are my priorities, my desires, my passions, etc. I know I have time to work it all out, since the boys still have quite a few years of school left and home schooling is our choice of education. However, it is something I need to work out so that I can be ready to jump in when the boys are done with school. So as I considered all of this I came up with law school. I want to help children, in a big way. I thought maybe being a child advocate would be good for me. It would certainly help with retirement, which is also one of the big priorities and desires. But as I continued to think and pray, I realized that it just would be too much of a sacrifice to my children and my marriage. My fabulous husband was very supportive, and encouraged me to think about it. He was willing to let me and the children go to WV and live with the in-laws through the week while I would attend law school in Morgantown. But I just couldn't imagine leaving him here alone to minister, or taking the boys away from their dad just as they are about to enter puberty. So I left it to God to work out, and he seems to be pulling back the curtains and letting the light into my head. I'll tell you the next part later. Busy, busy day.

No comments: