Thursday, September 25, 2008

I have been robbing Paul to pay Peter lately. However, we do have the money to cover the expenses. I would like to know how we are suppposed to pay 700 billion dollars when we are in debt many trillions. Whoever is paying these bills needs to give me some advice. I can't believe the world is believing that the bills are actually going to be paid. I hope Congress gets this worked out. ------- So Part Two. I continued to think about what I want to do, what I enjoy doing, what do I think I can do for many years to come. Here is what I came up with. I want to help children. Where do children spend most of their childhood? In school. So I want to make school a better place for children. I think I can do that through politics, through writing, through speaking, through being with children; all of those are things I enjoy. When I think about school during my childhood, it was a place you wanted to go. We had fun, we played, and we learned a lot. Even the kids who came from the "holler" below us did fairly well. But when you look at kids in school now, it isn't much fun, they seldom play, and a lot of them come out knowing very little. The government seems to think that going to school earlier and starting skills earlier is the answer. Yet as we have tried that our country has slid down in the global ratings of education. It is the countries who still abide by original child development research who are progressing in the ranks. Children may do different things now, but God is still making the same old model. Changing the expectations has made childhood less childish; I want to help with that. So the answer seems to be to go back to school. I have to have the education behind me to get the respect of people to listen to my ideas. Then maybe I can make life better for children. I told the boys last night that I am thinking of going back to school in the fall. They just wanted to know what that means to them. I told them it means their life will change some, but they will still have a lot of the same, 4-H, school, co-ops, art, etc. I can't sacrifice my children for something that I want for all children. It will be a long road. I told you this story would take a long time to tell.

No comments: