Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I can remember getting aggravated with my husband when we lived in Philadelphia. He thought I should have an email address. I saw no reason that I should have one, and besides I had no time to check it. Who would I write to anyway? Computers irk me, television is mostly useless, cell phones are for crazy people. But now that I have had to be without the internet for well over a week, I realize how much I have come to depend on this technology. I use it to pay bills, to interact with my friends, to find coupons and other money saving devices, to check the news, to teach school, to know what is going on at church, and much, much more. It is good to be back on-line. I had to call a friend yesterday to pay a bill for me (her internet was working). I had way too many messages on email. And now I have to check wheat prices to see if I need to make an order; prices are down right now! Some of you are wondering how the cell phone business is going. I like it as long as I am not the one having to answer. For instance, I was able to call my husband from Lowe's and ask him to measure a pipe for me. Then on the way home it started to rain, and I was able to ask him to take down the laundry. That works well for me! There are still some things I have to get used to...knowing how to check the messages, how to turn down the volume. There is also the whole vibrating thing to figure out. I had the phone on vibrate while I was at the store. It was in my pocket. I was checking the price on something and thinking that I needed to get off my feet because my leg was going numb. Then I realized the phone was vibrating. What a relief! I know you are waiting for the next part of the story, but I have kept you too long already. Have a nice night and I will talk to you tomorrow.

No comments: