Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Catching Up

I told you blogs would be sporadic for a while! Let's see...Friday we did celebrate by going to the pool with some friends. I also milled some flour at a friend's house since my mill isn't working. I have shipped it off to be repaired. It came with a lifetime warranty. Thank goodness. Those things are expensive! Saturday was #1's first basketball practice. It went well, but of course now we have to add in all of the practices and games to the next few months' events. We don't know anyone on the team; hope it goes well. Sunday was the annual Holiday Banquet at church. It is always fun to get together and eat, and then make fools of ourselves. There are a few who don't look foolish, for those we applaud out of genuine appreciation. The others get pity applause! Sunday was also a bridal shower for one of the church girls. The women met at a local restaurant and ate together then gave her a gift from all of us. It was so much easier that way. I even enjoyed the shopping for the present...Go into Target, plug in her name, go to aisle F1, have Hubby carry it to the register, pay, walk out. Whew! If only all shopping were that simple. Last night we went to a friend's house for dinner and a little stargazing. It was a pleasant evening, AND she kept the boys over night. So this morning I got up and started on another practice test. 660 on Math and 560 on Verbal. I need 500 on each to get into school, so I am feeling a little better. My friend came over today to bring the boys home and to help me with the Math section. She was very polite, but I am sure she was screaming on the inside. I just don't "see" math the way I can an essay or composition. I have also been working on Christmas preparations. I have completed the annual Mother and Mother-in-Law presents, though they are a bit different this year. I'll say more after Christmas, since they read the blog sometimes. I have been knitting as well. I am really starting to get the hang of it, and I miss it when I don't have knitting to do. The rewiring is still a work in progress, hopefully to be finished next week. I'll probably be without power tomorrow. So no blog. Spent this afternoon with 4-Hers working on the calendar and other yearly paperwork. ---------- I asked Hubby the other day if he is rethinking this "going back to school" idea. I think he would have said "Most definitely!" if he were a more emotional man. As it was I got a yes and head nod. We haven't had a meal at the table for quite a while, the house was a wreck, laundry needed doing, food was getting scarce...Need I say more? I think it will be a little better when I am not working and the house remodeling project is done. At least that is what I am telling myself.

No comments: