Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Nineteen

I woke up in a comfy, cushy bed full of pillows. My face was sore from the wind burn the night before. I could hear a little movement downstairs, and I smelled muffins baking. That was how December 16, 1989 started for me. Today is my 19th Wedding Anniversary! I can't believe it has been that long. This is the year that I become married as long as I was single. Next year I will be married longer than not married. Whew. What a thought. That won't happen for Hubby for a LONG time since he robbed the cradle! We were married in WV during one of the worst snow storms seen in years. We had to cancel our honeymoon because the roads were shut down. Many people called to say they wouldn't be able to get there. Our cake was precariously driven from my hometown to the wedding site, each layer held by a different person in hopes of getting there safely. It did. In fact, we had a big turn out. By the time of the wedding the city streets were clear, but you still couldn't travel, so every one in town came to the wedding. I think we had close to 300! After the wedding we drove to a nearby city in PA and stayed at a Holidome Inn. There was a Gabriel Brothers nearby and we went shopping. Those are the highlights. Of course there was riding in a car for 2 1/2 hours with no heat, when it should normally take 45 minutes. Then there was getting to the hotel with empty stomachs and the hotel restaurant closed. They did give us a cheese and cracker plate. We were young and in love. It makes a great story. So how will we celebrate? I was thinking some Cheez Whiz and a run on Rugged Wearhouse, the local name for Gabriel Brothers. Actually we are going to a nice restaurant (I have been told, we have never been) and a friend is watching the kids.

No comments: