Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Stars and Planets

Did you see the two bright "stars" near the moon last evening? That was Jupiter and Venus. Venus is the one lower and brighter than the other. We got out the telescope I borrowed from my parents and looked at them. It is difficult for me to see through the lense, but after about an hour or a little less, I found the planets! They are round and bright; amazing. We even used the kids' binoculars and got a good view that way. Go out this evening and look just after dusk. ------ I enjoyed sharing that time with my son. He wanted to build a fire and spend the whole night outside stargazing. I assured him it was too cold and windy for that. I have been studying so much lately, and trying to finish other projects, that I haven't spent as much time with the boys as I like. It has made me think about this "going to school" idea. It will really mean a big change in the way our family works. I think it will be good for everyone in the long run, but it will definitely be difficult at the beginning. ------ The other fish died a few days ago. Just wanted to let Jeri know.

No comments: