Saturday, December 20, 2008

On The Seventh Day, Part One

On Monday, God blessed me with the gift of prayer. He laid on my heart people that I love, and the pain they were feeling, and asked me to pray. I went to the Throne on their behalf all day. On Tuesday, my child's poor little soul was deflated and bruised. God asked me to sing to the child, to comfort him as David did for Saul. My child was pleased and the distress left him. On Wednesday, a friend and I were talking about God's grace. She had questions about how this mercy could be, and we went to the Word together to learn of His Love. On Thursday, God directed me to my neighbor's door. She was out of diapers and needed help. I bought her some diapers and juice for the baby, and spent some time visiting over a Coke. On Friday, I baked bread for the Sunday Communion service. The Lord was pleased that I remembered his sacrifice even on a week day. On Saturday, I spoke at a Womens' Conference. The Lord blessed me with words and wisdom to share with my sisters. We all were rejuvenated after the long week. On Sunday, I went to God's House. A man offered rote prayer, even forgetting the diagnosis of cancer received by our sister that week. The preacher asked a visiting guy to lead singing since many men were on the retreat. The Bible Study was on mercy, but I wasn't asked to share my testimony. A family showed up needing some benevolence. The deacon took care of them, and shuffled them out the door. A fellow offered a quick prayer for the bread and cup, and we quickly moved on to the next thing. The preacher did a fine job; he always does. I sat and watched it all happen. God told me He can't use me on Sunday. You see, I'm only a woman.

No comments: