Friday, December 05, 2008

Party Day

A friend kept the kids a couple days ago so that I could take practice GRE tests. I had not slept well the two nights before, which was adding up to some very fuzzy thinking, but still managed to pull of passing scores. In fact, the second math test I took went up 40 points! So it was encouraging to me that if I don't sleep well the night before I should still be ok. One week until test time and counting. My scores were good enough to pass, but I really want great scores so that some financial assistance may be available. Pray for me and my old brain.
Yesterday we worked on 4-H Project Record Books all day. #1 did projects in Photography and Theater Arts. #2 did Photography as well, and one in Animal Science called Nest Structures for Mourning Doves. Record Books are different from anything I did when I was in 4-H, but remember that mine is an old brain. I guess things change in 30 years. Anyway, all of the books are typed and assembled, and we are taking today as a party day! (If you knew what it involves, you would say, "Party away, Girl!) We're going to ask all of the boys from our clique to go swimming with us this afternoon.
Another event yesterday was going to Harris Teeter Supermarket. They have Juicy Juice large bottles for Buy 2 Get 3 Free! That makes them 80 cents each!! I bought 20 bottles. I plan to go back on the last day of the sale and get a raincheck. I am sure they will be out by then, and then I can have the same price later...the rainchecks never expire. It's called working the system.
I didn't buy eggs at HT because I have soooo many chickens. What was I thinking? I still don't have any eggs. No one is laying. I don't know why. Here is a picture of the first egg I got next to a store medium-size egg, maybe that is why no one is laying. They are all afraid.
It was as big as my palm!

No comments: