Friday, December 19, 2008

Slowing Down

I started knitting this past summer. A friend at church showed me how. I have made 2 scarves for me and #2, and for Christmas, 3 scarves and 5 hats for my little lovables. I didn't take pictures of the scarves and first 3 hats, but thought I would of the last two. They are the best ones anyway, at least in cuteness; they do have some mistakes. I hope to get all the kids together for a picture with their hats and scarves at Christmas. I finished the last hat last night. Now #5 wants a scarf so I think I will do that up quick, and then I will attempt a baby blanket. I find knitting very relaxing.
I slept until nearly 8:00 this morning---10 hours!! Today and tomorrow don't have "absolutely must get it done" activities, so I am enjoying the freedom. I have bills to pay, 4-H paperwork, house cleaning, and would like to go to the gym. It is rainy and foggy and the kids are enjoying the slow day as well. I hope they stay this way all day.

No comments: