Sunday, August 26, 2012

Brother's Day


Today is the Eleventh Annual Brother's Day, we think. The tradition started about at ages four and two, so that would make it eleven years ago, but we might have to  give or take a year. #1 says he remembers going to the Mexican restaurant in Arlington that has trains going around it, so that definitely was quite a while ago. I had forgotten all about it.
This year we celebrated on Saturday by taking the boys to New Bern for a few hours. We ate at a Mennonite restaurant we all enjoy, and then walked around town. I got a few pictures, but really they were being so goofy!

                                                                                    I so wish I could record our lunch and dinner conversations. These boys keep me in stitches and I am going to miss them terribly in a few more years.

The big excitement in New Bern was watching the draw bridge raise. We are easy to excite, I know.


We stopped in one shop for snowcones. They had a gazillion flavors, and even though I don't care for snowcones, I tried one. I still don't care for snowcones.









#2 tried "Silver Fox", I had Creme Soda, and Hubby had Cherry and Red Raspberry mixed. We also sampled "Foxy Lady" and "Tiger's Blood".


Here's to another year of brotherly love!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: