Friday, August 10, 2012

Froggy Summer

Remember this guy from earlier this summer? We were overrun by tiny frogs early this summer due to all of the rain. These tiny little guys were jumping across our path as Hubby and I took our evening constitutional.


 
  


Evidently quite a few of them lived through the summer, since I foound this on the kitchen window recently. I was preparing for bed, walked in the kitchen for a drink, flipped on the light, and saw this guy on the window catching bugs. He was happy to have the light on because the bugs came over to it!



There was a frog on the door frame one night as I was walking in from feeding. We have a motion detector light on the back porch and he was popping insects left and right as I walked in the door.



WV was dry this summer, but it didn't seem to interfere with the frog population. I passed three dead ones on my walk the other morning. Dead from cars, not drought. Ugh.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: