Thursday, August 09, 2012

Monday's Walk

 I took another walk on Monday morning. Fog covered the hilltop when I got up, but in half an hour it was gone, so I headed out.
Water droplets clung to the grass and leaves, dripping on me as I walked under the black walnut tree at the end of the drive.
A few cars passed me, but mostly the road was empty, quiet. The only sounds were cows, colts, and chick-a-dees.





You see why I like visiting my parents? The scenery is perfect. The pace is slow. The demands are neary non-existent.
















I remember running down this lane to catch the bus in the morning. I remember riding my bike down the hill and scraping my knees on the rocks as I fell. I remember sledding down it in the winter and sliding up it in the car.







Maybe I like these walks in WV because they always end up on Memory Lane.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: