Saturday, August 04, 2012

Visiting Cousins

We decided about a month ago that we would see my brother-in-law's family while in WV. They live in Indiana and were able to swing a few days off to visit with us while we were here. #1 especially was looking forward to seeing the cousins. "I'm always amazed at how big they are when we see them. I remember holding them when they were babies." He's starting to sound like an old man, huh?
 Visiting Morgantown with Hubby means we HAVE to go to Wings Ole. Fries with bleu cheese, chicken wings, and celery are his favorites. I get a bean burrito, not nearly as exciting, I know.
The kids put up with going, but I don't think it is their favorite place. They enjoy getting a table all their own, though.

 We decided to go hiking the second day. This statue was at the park. I told the kids to act like they were sleeping with the Giant, but onlt #2 tried it. The rest thought he was a bit strange.

 Many of my WV readers now know which park we went to for hiking! Cooper's Rock is a special place for our family. It was one of the first places where Hubby took me after we met. Actually we rode with another girl, and I thought they were a couple because she sat up front. Afterward he asked if he could show me around town, and the rest is history. My brother-in-law took his wife there to propose to her, and my in-laws celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary there. It is a beautiful place.
 Notice all of the kids are on a ledge, except for #1. That boy is just tall! We had a fun day picnicking and hiking. More pictures coming soon!

No comments: