Monday, August 06, 2012

God Provides the Blessing

I watched a spider eat a small flying insect just now. Standing in my parents' livingroom, staring out the large picture window at the rain falling on a dry summer landscape, I noticed at the corner of my eye some movement. I just cleaned the windows yesterday, removing all of the spider webs and old bug leftovers. Yet, here, less than 24 hours later, a spider has erected a new web and waits for dinner.
The rain is pouring, but the spider hides safely in the crevice of window and frame. The wind blows, but the spider never worries. She has done her job; she put up a web. Now it is time for God to send the blessing. Dinner arrives, Spider eats, all is well.
I need to be like that spider. I need to trust that God will provide what I need, when I need it. I have to do my part, but once my web is out there, it is in God's hands. I have to persevere, perhaps hanging my web more than once, but God is faithful. And just like the spider in my parents' window, I will be fed. Even on a rainy, windy day, God will send comfort in the storm.

I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies. Psalm 18:1-3

No comments: