Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My schedule is so flip-flopped I don't know if I am coming or going. The boys were participating in an audiology study at the university today, and the two hours turned into three! So school was postponed, lunch was pulled out of the fridge, and now we are starting to get back into the groove. Both boys can hear well, but #1 as always, had some hearing issues. He doesn't have enough of a problem to do anything about, but I suppose it should give us more patience when we have to repeat things a few times. #2, however, should hear things right away. Yesterday we had the 4H club over to make pottery. One of the members' grandmothers is a potter and every year she does something with the kids. This year they made vases. She will take them back to her house to fire in the kiln, and then we will get them back. It was an all day event, with the younger kids "pottering" in the morning and the older ones in the afternoon. When they weren't in the barn, they were in the house doing schoolwork. (Or on the roof of the fort, or in the yard, or behind the barn...they were everywhere.) ---------- A friend reminded me of this exchange that took place on Sunday... Daddy was preaching about the world having gone wrong. One of his examples was that 1 in 4 teenage girls has an STD. #2 turned to me and asked, "What's an STD?" I thought about telling him it is a gas guzzling vehicle, but went with "It's a disease." instead. He just said, "Oh." and it never came up again. Sometimes church is not a safe place to raise children! ---------- I am reading The Shack. It certainly makes you think twice about God and all of his "stuff." I am about halfway done, but already I am rethinking some things. It is a novel, for those of you who don't want a theological textbook. I'll share more soon.

No comments: