Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Well it has been a busy week here. My in-laws arrived on Thursday afternoon, while I had 5 kids running around the house and was on the phone with an insurance agent. It never calmed down much after that. We all ate out a lot while they were here, and the kids ended up with belly aches. I have to say I was a bit mixed up as well. I will be hitting the "from scratch" foods today. Co-op started Friday and went well. Mother-in-law went with us and helped serve the lunches while the moms taught classes. My classes are Economics and The Giver- a literary study. Before co-op was even over, Hubby came to pick me up and we headed to Raleigh to a Renovare conference. We had a nice dinner at an Italian place in Chapel Hill, and then went to the conference. Richard Foster and Bill Vaswig were the main speakers. I have heard Richard a few times before, but reminders are always good. Bill was new to me, though Hubby had told me about him before. He had a class with him during his doctoral studies. Bill is a 77 year old Lutheran minister with a prayer healing ministry. It was interesting to hear him talk about his experiences. Some people did ask to be prayed for, but it wasn't like what you see on television. I do believe in the power of prayer, and I believe that we don't give it the credit that it is due. I was looking for answers at this conference. I even asked a question, but I didn't feel like the answer I was given was any more than I had already figured out. I have been starting to have some success at my "quiet life resolution," but I am feeling some guilt about not doing some things. The answer is I just have to let go of the guilt and know what I can accomplish, not comparing myself to others. We got back on Saturday evening and enjoyed a dinner for two at the Country Club since the boys were out with their grandparents. They had enjoyed a day of bowling and shopping. The boys had looked forward to their visit for a month; it was circled on their calendar. ------- Today I make up for being gone so long. I have extra kids Tues, Weds, and Thursday. Today is 4-H, art, and homeschool meetings. So much for a quiet life; you can't have it every day.

No comments: