Tuesday, March 25, 2008

We had a very nice Easter holiday. Church was good, friends came over for lunch, I got a nap, and we watched movies together. The boys got snorkles from the Bunny, and we hope to get to the pool today to try those out. They also seemed excited to get a chocolate bunny in their baskets. That evidently was a new thing. We also went to a "Quinceneara" on Saturday. That is a special birthday party for 15 year old hispanic girls. Our neighbor in Arlington told me about her nieces' parties and I knew it would be a big deal. The young lady was in a gown and her hair all coiffed...just gorgeous. Then she ran around the bases in the softball game! #2 was upset that the guy in the game was letting the girls win. I told him that as a male it is his responsibility to always let the girls win. In exchange for that, the girls will make you chocolate cake, tell you you have sexy legs, and that you look nice in jeans and flannel. So for Easter Sunday he asked if he could wear jeans. I was surprised until I realized he wanted jeans and flannel! Last night we went to visit a friend and he told the other kids that you should always let the girls win, and then they will tell you you look nice in jeans and flannel. What a hoot! --------- I have been enjoying my husband lately. We have been married 18 years, and I love him more now than ever. There is such a sense of peace and ease in being with the same person that long. I love that we know each other so well, and still we choose to love each other. He is a good man to grow old with; he makes it easier for me.

No comments: