Monday, March 17, 2008

The weekend was busy and left no blogging time for me. Here is a quick update. The "Come to Life Museum" went well, and the kids really enjoyed it as well as learned some things. The boys went to a JAKES Day event at the gun club on Saturday. I was told that it is a national NRA day event. The boys got to try archery, air rifles, 22 rifles, and skeet shooting. There were a lot of their friends there too, and so they had a great time visiting and shooting. The church picnic was that day too, so Hubby went to that. It seems that it was a success. About as soon as we got home, it was off to a birthday party for the boys. We took advantage of the free sitter to go to a movie and do a bit of shopping. Yesterday was church, and a great sermon by my man. Then I suddenly decided to go see The Other Boleyn Girl. It was a good movie, but wow, what one wicked woman can accomplish. Weekend over. -------- For about a year now I have felt like something is going to happen. I don't know exactly what. I can't even say how I know. But I have this sense of gloom and doom. Sometimes I feel like it is our country--the election, war, attack, economy---I don't know. Sometimes I think it is something within the family- our kids, a relative, us. Sometimes it is the affairs at church that make me think something is about to happen. I really can't put my finger on it, but the last few weeks it has been almost suffocating. It doesn't cause me great depression; it doesn't seem to be hormonal; it isn't changing the way I live...It is just a heaviness that something is going to happen. Yesterday I could barely breathe for it, and so I chose the movie. Probably not the wisest choice as the wickedness of Ann Boleyn rang out to me that nothing ever changes. It is all a chasing after the wind.

No comments: