Saturday, March 29, 2008

What a week; time flies and all that. The "extra kids" were on spring break this week, so my days were a little fuller than usual. My kids were not on break, so there was always the "Get your work done" talk. Mine did pretty well actually. They don't understand why they don't get a spring break, even when I explain that they get a long winter break and then we get out early in spring. So there isn't a need for a spring break. That all makes sense to them when I tell it to them, but when their friends are out of school, somehow it no longer sounds so good. We had a field trip on Wednesday to Somerset Place. It is an old NC plantation. We were finishing up our study of the Civil War, and with extra children around I thought getting out for the day would be good. It was a great field trip. The buildings are very kid friendly and our guide was as well. After the tour we made brooms. Then we had a picnic lunch on the lawn and discovered a mother fox and 5 pups! Thursday was a stay at home day; much needed. That night I had my second go at "Triple Coupons"! A store here triples coupons one weekend each quarter. There are rules and I messed them up on my first try this winter, but I did much better this time. I was able to get Dr. Pepper for free, Aleve for 74 cents, and several items for 34 cents. I felt like I did well. Friday was co-op again, but with the added bonus of an event on Creation vs. Evolution. The boys were very excited about going to it- I think only because it was to be a special event with all of their friends- but I had to go to the chiropractor for an unexpected adjustment, and we were late. The event ended up going much later than it was scheduled, so I think I am back in their good graces. And that's the week that didn't have time for writing! I spent a lot of time one night in the library, and one night at a friend's house looking for curriculum for next year. I do believe I found what I want, and with the miracle of the internet I can save quite a bit of money on it! Today is catching up on the week's regular work, and going to the pool. I haven't been going like I should (wonder why?) and so I had to make that trip to the chiro yesterday. Hope everyone's spring break was a welcome event. Now jump back into the real world and be useful!

No comments: