Sunday, June 29, 2008

Our children are very sheltered from today's sexually charged atmosphere. They mostly only see PBS on television, we monitor their movies and books closely, and their friends are being raised the same way. So when we ordered Mork and Mindy from Netflix, it was a real shocker to all of us to see the innuendos. Most of it the kids didn't understand, and what they did catch seemed fairly innocent. I wondered about whether to let them watch the other episodes, but they turned more into what things Mork learned on Earth, like friendship and sacrifice. So it turned out well. The other DVD that came was Happy Days. Hubby was watching some of it today and told me he wasn't sure that the kids could see it. They were talking about going to the lake to see the submarine races. Naive little me asked what that means. They were going necking! I imagine the kids won't understand that either since I didn't get it. Anyway, I decided that at some point they are going to come across this stuff, and these shows were what I was raised on. It was all very innocent to me and it didn't seem to "overcharge" me, so the decision is to let them cut their teeth on Happy Days. It can't be much worse than Calvin and Hobbes...the lingerie question still haunts me. That one is April 18, 2006 if you want to laugh.

No comments: