Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Sewing Projects

This is EeEe. He has been #1's favorite friend for about 11 years now. Remember the story at Christmas about putting him away? Well, I asked a couple of days ago if it is time to put him in a box. I was told, "Yeah, as long as I can still visit sometimes." I took that as a no. I suggested putting him on top of the dresser for a while to see if he was ready to go away, and this is what I found this morning. One hand is MUCH flatter than the other. He is full of holes with stuffing threatening to fall out. He is a very loved monkey. I was thinking this morning that when my brother was #1's age, girls from school were calling him. We don't have that problem yet. He likes EeEe better.
While the monkey can't be fixed- he is too threadbare- #2 did make a sewing project. He is entering the Unnatural Resources Fair again this year. Last year he won first place for making drawers out of orange juice cartons. This year he made two pillows out of his dad's old t-shirts. He wanted to tie dye them, so we used old food colors. We even used an old pillow's stuffing to stuff these. The only nonrecycled part was the thread from the sewing machine. We drop them off Thursday, and find out the winner on Sunday.

2 comments:

AnneConover said...

I love seeing a comfort toy like this; all his flaws make him all the more endearing. Looks like one leg is longer than the other too. How did he get his name?

Angel said...

The name comes from what monkeys say when you are one year old, "EeeEeeeEeeEeee." #2 keeps asking why his monkey, named OooOoo, isn't falling apart as much. That would be because I am the comfort toy for him. And yes, some of my stuffing is falling out.