Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Talent

Yesterday was a busy run-run day. We were hosting a talent show at the Agricultural Center last night, and #1 was the emcee and producer. His focus in 4-H is Communications and Expressive Arts, and I was told by the extension agent that it was time for him to step it up a notch. He did a good job. He prepared a script to read between performances that told about the 100 years of NC 4-H. We had practiced it several times beforehand, but he still pronounced several things wrong. For some reason he wants to say, "A- hose- key County" instead of "A- hoss-key County." The poor thing was nervous and didn't know what was happening to his body. I guess he has never had such a bad case of the nerves before; I didn't realize. So I had to explain why he was having an upset stomach, and I gave him some meds. #2 won first place in the comedy category and 3rd in the art division. #1 was able to enter the art division, and he received second place. Several acts were quite good, and several were there to make proud parents happy. It was a fun evening, and I am glad it is over. Now we have to write thank you notes to sponsors, and #1 needs to learn how to make a film out of it. The fun never ends! The boys are also working on a research project this week. I really need to have each boy alone for several hours, but that ain't happenin'. So we learn a little at a time, and I escape to the office when I need a breather. Friday #1 and I go to our first youth rally. I will be helping to chaperone 6 teens in Gatlinburg, TN. I need more sleep before this happens!!! #2 and his dad are planning to spend some quality time together while we are gone. There is talk of camping in the backyard, but today is cold and rainy, so maybe not. One thing is for sure, #2 says he IS living on potato chips and soda all weekend. I imagine it may happen that way...with a few burgers and some cookies for the daddy!

No comments: