Thursday, February 05, 2009

Triples

Today starts triple coupons at the local grocery. This is actually the second one this year, and my NY Resolution was to be able to pass the savings on to the local pantry. So today the boys and I will make a trip over there. I have already been to the store for my two allotted trips this morning. I use one card for me and one for Hubby. You can use 20 coupons each day- so 40 for us. I really did well on toilet paper and tissues. Soap also seemed to be a good one for me this time. I am taking Joy detergent and Dial soap. The Joy ended up being 29 cents, I believe. The Dial wasn't as great a bargain as I sometimes get, but it was a larger bottle, so maybe it was ok. The prices of everything are higher, and it seems harder to get the really great deals that I did last year. I guess everyone is paying for the recession. --------- #1 auditioned for Hansel and Gretel last evening. He said he messed up on a woman's name, but otherwise did fine. We find out Sunday if he gets a part. As I look at the February calendar, I get overwhelmed thinking about possibly adding a play to the mix. The other continual NY Resolution about leading a quiet life often suffers neglect. I can tell when it gets to be too much though; I slept ten hours night before last! ----------- I thought we live in the South!! It is a high of 34 today! Grocery shopping when it is 21 degrees isn't as much fun as you might think.

No comments: