Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sherry's Old Eyes

My dear, old, decrepit friend, Sherry, told me the blog page was too bright for her failing eyes...so I hope this is better. Actually, she wasn't the only one to complain, so I guess it may have been too bright. I thought it was pretty.
My taste in lighting is actually really good. Most of the new lights are up in the house, and I do NOT regret the new light in the diningroom. I had several people make me start questioning my decision to get rid of the chandelier, but I am happy now that I did. The light in there now is much softer and warmer. The room glows at night. I'll post pictures later.
The pictures today are to catch up on goat news. Last Thursday evening we had twins born. They were born to Emma, whom I didn't expect yet. These goats really confuse me. No more goats have kidded since. Hubby was happy about that; he feared they would come while I was out of town. OUR babies he will offer to deliver, but not goats' babies! Anyway, Faye and Ashten are HUGE and I really expect them to go anytime. I think Faye may have more than twins this time. Perhaps Ashten will too. Madison is still doing fine; I only expect twins out of her.
Meet Isaac. He was the first born. His mother cried all evening, and at about 6:45 hadn't had anything. By 7:15 he was on his way out.
I took #1 to basketball practice, and when I got back at 7:30 both Isaac and Isabelle were here. Isabelle is smaller and more fragile. She is also a lot whiter and you can see her skin through her fur. She will be happy in a couple of days when it is 70 degrees. I put her in the manger; she can't get up there yet.
This is the mother, Emma. She seems to be feeding them fine, but I don't know about her protective instincts. She doesn't seem to care where they are or if the dog is around. Mary, on the other hand, will attack the dog at any chance she gets. Maybe Emma is just more laid back.
This is Sam, the dad. You may be wondering how you get black babies out of tan and brown parents. This breed makes all kind of descendants. That is part of the surprise and thrill of new kids.
Here are their little wagging tails enjoying some "Mommy Milk." These are the triplets born the week before. They were two weeks old yesterday. Left to right, they are: Alex, Rachael, and David. They are doing great and have fat little bellies. Mary is a super mom.

1 comment:

SCV22867 said...

Your dear, old, decript, EX-friend....