Saturday, March 14, 2009

Gloom, Despair, and Haggedy on Me

It is amazing how quickly one can go from worshipful praise to a free fall off the cliff. Tuesday was such a wonderful experience to praise God for his healing of Manly. Then Wednesday afternoon Manly took a turn for the worse. He started nearly all over again with the same symptoms. The only strength I had in me was to ask the Healer to do his thing again. It was frustrating and stressful. On Thursday I talked with my sister-in-law and found out that the oncologist had contacted her...cancer, aggressive. Two HORRIBLE words. Polly is being very brave and optimistic. She had surgery yesterday to remove the tumor on her leg, and she is home resting now. Scans will happen next week, and then we will know more. Radiation is being recommended at this point. After that news I went into the eye doctor for a check up and discovered I have a cataract. Yes I am TOO YOUNG for such a thing, but it is here anyway. I have an appointment next month to see a different doctor and discuss options. Thankfully, Friday Manly started improving again, and today he is standing once more. Walking seems to be more difficult than before, but he is getting stronger. Of course all of this occurs with kids, school, play practice, church, dinners, electricians, taxes, etc. Somehow Satan knows that busyness can throw me for a loop. Add bad news to it, and I can trip over many things. But one thing Satan didn't count on, cuddling a baby goat can melt the tension and stress into a flowing river of praise and relief. Everyone should have a baby goat.

No comments: