Saturday, March 28, 2009

History

I went to an antique's store yesterday to sell the lights from our house. The owner was at first a bit put out with me. So I didn't like the lights, wanted to put up something more modern, huh? I had to explain that actually I did like the lights, but with an addition to the house we thought that fans would be a better use of our money. I was able to win him over. We had a nice conversation about local homes, the recession, radio shows, politics in the area, and a lot more. He said until March the recession really hadn't been noticed by him, but March has been horrible. He also has had people trying to get him to buy things so that they can pay some bills. Sad. I enjoy walking through his shop. There are so many interesting furniture pieces as well as fun things. I found some comic books and got 2 for the boys. I also found a bookcase from the 1880's that I think Hubby would like. I will have to wait until all of the remodeling is done though. Things are stacked everywhere right now and I can't imagine bringing something else into the house. Yesterday the guy came to work on the sub-flooring for the upstairs. He said he had been lying awake thinking about it, and decided that it would be a whole lot easier if he just went ahead and cut the hole where the stairwell will be. So now we have a huge hole in the hallway ceiling. Actually two holes because the pull down stairs had to be removed. Thank goodness the weather is warm for the next while. Although the same weather brought a tornado to town yesterday, so maybe some are not happy about the warmer weather. These are some pictures from the pottery session. The boys were able to use the wheel. We go Tuesday to glaze them.
A couple of weeks ago we went to JAKES Day, and the boys got to shoot several types of guns. They enjoy shooting and are hoping to get to when they are in WV this summer. Hint, hint, Pap! #1 was proud of his abilities and is showing his target.
--------- Heading out to get the dog's rabies shot at a clinic. She likes to go riding in the car. This might change her mind about that.

No comments: