Monday, March 09, 2009

Manly has pulled through what seems to have been the worst of it. I was sure many times that he was on the brink of death. I prayed over and over that God would just take him so he would be out of his misery. I think God was telling me to mind my own business! Every time I go out to check on him, Manly seems to be a little better. He is taking baby steps on the road to health. I was planning to have him put down today, and now I am not. He still won't suck. I am feeding him every couple of hours with a dropper. Ugh. I am definitely out of the "Mommy" stage. It takes a lot of time, and stopping what I am in the middle of, to go care for him. I tried making a sling to hang him in so he can start exercising his legs. He has been able to get to his knees sometimes, but his muscles have atrophied, and he never really used them much anyway. Manly is a week old today. -------------- The time change doesn't make any of this look better...taxes, a filthy house, a kid who needs to go to play practice, dinner, laundry, school papers to grade...a nap in the sun looks pretty good though.

1 comment:

Carol - Ed Townsend said...

We're pulling for Manly and Tracy that she will be able to continue to care for him.