Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Looking At Yourself

I taught a class today about Time Management. Our 4-H club is doing a club project on entrepreneurship. The lesson today was to look at why you may procrastinate, and what kind of personality you have. Teaching something often makes you look harder at it than if you are the student. I have to say I had to look pretty deep today. My priorities, and what I actually seem to get done, appear to be two different things. Am I really telling the truth about my priorities, or am I just a "Yes Man" who can't say no to others and do the things I want to do instead? I think I am a little of both. I have high ideals and aspirations, but I also have a lot of ordinary things that have to get accomplished. Sometimes I need to recognize the ordinary, and then move on. The ordinary will be there for many more days than the extraordinary. ------- My sister-in-law is waiting to hear an oncology report. She will have surgery on Friday to remove a tumor on her leg. Please pray for Polly and her family. ------- Thank you to all who have asked about my goat. Manly is still improving. Today he tries to stand while I feed him. I hold him up and he puts weight on his legs. I have left him out in the field too so that he can eat some grass. He has also tried to eat some straw. I told the family about my thought that God was telling me to mind my own business. The boys thought maybe God was just answering their prayers. They had been praying for Manly to live. How differently the world looks through the eyes of a child. I only saw pain and misery in Manly's future. They saw a goat who needed a chance.

No comments: