Thursday, March 19, 2009

Posts

I have been noticing that my posts are getting farther between times. I will think of something to tell everyone, and then something happens on my way to the computer. Lately I haven't even made it to the computer until evening. I am so very ready for summer vacation. We have about 4 weeks of school left. Whew. The kids are feeling it too. #2 is grounded because he hasn't been doing his school work. #1 has done his, but it is mostly wrong. He will be unhappy today when we review the past work. I planted some grapes yesterday. I also have some berries to plant today. I am glad to be able to get outside now. It has been very rainy here lately. The kids have a canoe that they play in, and yesterday we dumped out about a foot of water from it! I wanted to be able to post some pictures of Manly, but I haven't taken any yet. Yesterday he was out in the field for the first time. He still has something wrong with his legs, but he is walking and trying to run. He falls on his face sometimes though. It has been encouraging to see the other kids playing with him and curling up with him. It is always easier to recover when someone is nearby. Speaking of recovering...Polly is still mending from the surgery. She had the scan on Tuesday and we are still waiting word from the doctor. Joyous News!!! The house passed the electricity inspection on Tuesday. The service was switched over to the new meter yesterday. The new smoke alarm system is in, most of the wiring is complete, and we are starting to think about the next stage. I really want to clean house first though. I know it will only get dirty again, but having it dust free for a few days will be so encouraging to me. I also wanted to have pictures of Guys' Night Out this past week, but didn't manage to take any. Hubby and the boys went to a friend's house and had Poker Night. They had cigars and beer (pretzel rods and IBC rootbeer in the bottle) and gambled the night away(with Jolly Ranchers, bubble gum, and AirHeads). #2 thanked his dad yesterday for the fun night. One last funny...I was walking through the house singing "Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini" the other day when #2 asked just how teeny is an "Itsy, Bitsy, Teeny ..." I showed him with my hands and his eyes got really big. "Do you have a problem with bikinis?" I asked. "No," he answered. "I don't think you should wear one though Mom. You shouldn't wear a bikini when fat rolls off you (insert hand motions and facial expressions). Not that you are fat, but some people really don't look good in bikinis." Thanks son.

No comments: