Thursday, March 26, 2009

One Week Later

Here is the cause of my lack of posts lately. Well part of the cause anyway. I was knitting a baby blanket for a friend at church. I actually started it at the first of the year, but I knit really slowly. Then of course there are the days that I can't find time to knit. Anyway, the last week or so I MADE time to knit so that I could get it done before the baby came. I was successful! The pattern was easy- 36 squares sewn together after knitting.It is a tight knit so the blanket ought to be very warm. The yarn was made from recycled plastic bottles and is very soft. These are #2's play pants. They are currently in the trash. I washed them in yesterday's laundry, and then decided they looked pathetic. I know some people buy their pants in this shape already, but we try to go against fashion statements of that kind. We look poor just by being so, not by buying so.
The good thing about homeschool is that you can go to school in your play pants and no one cares. #2 really enjoyed these pants.
Well now that the knitting is finished and the taxes are done what will we do to occupy our time? We start on the stairwell Monday. That means the hall closet has to come out this week. Hubby started on it yesterday. You can see him in the corner. He does a little at a time between study sessions. I think he is working out sermon stress this way.
The electricity was completely finished for the downstairs on Tuesday afternoon. Now we start the upstairs, which means the electrician as well as carpenters! The house is always busy.
#1 has been practicing his part for the play. He told me a few days ago that before he tries out for the next play he is going to check his schedule first. I asked why. "I just have so much to do! Guitar, art, 4-H, school..." Then last night I asked the boys what they think I expect from them. #1 said I seem to expect him to do more the more he does. I guess I need to be more aware of his stress levels. He is like his father and needs lots of down time.
By the way, my top three expectations are that they go to Heaven, enjoy their life, and always give their best effort. #2 got most of them right.

No comments: