Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Friends

I have a lot of friends. I know that surprises many of you, but it is true. (Bunch of smart alecks, most of them!) I have friends that I haven't seen in years, and yet I know that at the drop of a hat they will do anything for me. I love getting a surprise email or letter and catching up with how their lives are going.
I also have friends that actually still live near me and converse with me on a regular basis. We commiserate about kids and busy-ness. We laugh together, go out together, play jokes on each other, and pray for each other.
We also annoy each other. One friend in particular annoys me with her homeschooling. She always thinks about what the next year is going to bring, before the current year is over. Then she starts telling me all about what she is planning, and BOOM! I am caught up in trying to get things done for our next year.
So now I am trying to finish up fractions and grammar before the big test at the end of April, AND trying to figure out what curriculum would be good for us to try next year. Actually I think I have most of what I will be needing, but getting it all in order and thinking through it is sort of heavy duty work.
My best friend ever is getting back tonight. He will tell me not to worry about it yet. I like him.
----------------
I am getting about 20 eggs a day now. The cooler weather the last day or so will of course slow that down a bit. I actually had about 14 dozen eggs in the fridge a few days ago. I took several to church and gave them away. I made 4 quiches for the Monday Night Prayer Group. I sold 3 1/2 dozen yesterday, and a friend emailed today to come buy 3 dozen. And still I have eggs! I called the farmers' market yesterday, and we will be getting a booth there soon. If anyone has extra egg cartons sitting around, I sure could use them.

No comments: