Sunday, April 19, 2009

Night Time Meanderings

Yes, it is 5 in the morning. I have been awake since about 2:00. I did a similar thing the night before. I just wake up and my mind goes for a walk. Perhaps a journey would be a better description. I don't mind too much, except for the fatigue, because I get time to think. Normally I can't lie down and think because I feel like I have work to get done. But in the middle of the night I don't feel like I can work because it will wake everyone. So I lie in bed and think. My husband rarely sleeps a night through, so he flips on the light and reads while I think. He asked what was on my mind, and I couldn't really answer. I realized we need to get a couple of other lights and switches for the upstairs closets, a few bills need paid (I came online to do that and the site was closed- should have stayed in bed!), considered what community service projects the boys could do, went through State Project final details, remembered the bathtub needs cleaned after the dog washing last evening, need to pack eggs for Caroline, can I get the quiche out of the pan or just use the one it is in... Nothing life shattering, just thoughts. I also spend this time in prayer. That might be what woke Hubby. I was praying for him to hear God and speak forth His Word today. Hubby woke with some sermon ideas. Sorry. ----------- I spent Saturday going through summer clothes to get out and winter clothes to put away. I still have some to do, but actually got a lot done on it. I'm not sure why I bothered since it is supposed to still be cool for at least another week. The house was 54 degrees a couple of mornings ago. I'm ready to either have warmer weather or to get the upstairs finished. The insulation goes in on Monday morning. That should help, but we still need the windows put in. I also spent some time working with the boys on their entrepreneurship project. They are going to have a booth at the Farmers' Market, and they will raise herbs and veggies to sell. So we had to go to Lowe's to get a few things yesterday. #1 is also going to have a pet sitting business for the summer. #2 is going to make art pictures and try to sell them at the Family Fun Day. He is very proud of his art, and it was hard for me to tell him that that is probably not a good business. We compromised with Family Fun Day and seeing if it is worth keeping that business. FF Day is May 9th and he is to make 25 pictures before then. He is also partnering with me to sell eggs. We are going to invest in some more hens, and he has to help feed and clean out the coop. That was the breaker for #1 to be in the egg business. Anything with poop in it is a "NO" for him.

No comments: