Friday, August 21, 2009

The Love of My Life, Most Days

We are getting ready to start Geography Co-op on Tuesday. There are several families that have participated with us in this the last 4 autumns. This year there are 5 families studying the continent of Africa. I always do the first presentation introducing the continent, so I have been reading about the regions, foods, cultures, etc. Last night I was telling Hubby about a family that has two wives. They each have their own houses, but they are joined by a courtyard. I asked if he would like two wives. "Not most days." Now what am I supposed to do with that? Does that mean there are times that I am so bad he wishes there were someone else? Or does it mean that there are so many times that I am good that he doesn't need anyone else? Or does it mean that I am plenty, but sometimes he needs more? Finally, this morning, he says that I am so spectacular that he couldn't need another. Of course, he did say, "Most Days"! I guess no one can be constantly spectacular! This is the Snake River winding through the Grand Tetons. I was writing last night, and started thinking about what the weather would be like in Yellowstone now. I looked it up, and it is in the 60s and low 30s at night. Winter comes quickly; I'll enjoy the pictures. I was trying to see what a vacation package similar to what we did would cost a family of four. I couldn't even come close to what we did. The closest I could find lasted only five days and five nights, and the cost was about $3,000. Our trip was 15 days/14 nights and came to a grand total of $2,306.76. We went over the budget a little, but the memories are worth it.

No comments: