Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Kitchen

A kitchen tells a lot about a person. It is the room that usually makes a house a home. Everyone goes in the kitchen. There are no "spots back" or possessions you can't touch, unless there is cake or cookies. These are pictures of my kitchen this morning. It was/is a mess. It is getting better, but these pictures remind me that even though life is messy, God provides...both work and pleasure. This is our kitchen table and chairs. The table is covered with papers that need to be read, books and games that the boys wander around with, a hat that #2 was using to camouflage himself in his hideout, a math book and a science movie, sharks' teeth that have been gathered in the back pit, and mail that needs recycled after our long trip. I did manage to clear it off before we ate lunch.
I made a pot roast yesterday and used the juice this morning to make vegetable soup that I am currently pressure canning. Earlier this week I canned 13 pints of pears from our own trees. I had some for lunch, and they are quite tasty.
#2 finally received his plaque for winning the science essay contest he entered last spring. We were pleased to hear that there were over 200 participants, and he was the only winner from our county! 29 counties were represented. His brother receives a certificate for participating. He plans on winning next year.
The countertop is still covered with our cooler and chips from a quick trip to the beach yesterday. The water was perfect, and I spent a lot of the day floating on top of the waves. We met a few friends there too, so the boys had fun swimming and playing with other kids. Also pictured are a book that I haven't read since we returned from our trip, coupons that need clipping, and egg cartons that friends from church have passed along to me.
I know I say it often, and I hope it still sounds genuine, but I love my life. I love being a home maker. I hate having a messy kitchen, but I love what (who) makes the mess. Certainly, Life Is Good.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: