Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Change of Scenery and Subject

Yesterday I took the Envirothon team to Camp Don Lee on the Neuse River. It was a bit chilly, but really a beautiful day. How nice it was to be away and think of different things than head injuries. Life is getting back to normal for us. #1 has slept through the night 3 nights in a row now, and last night didn't even take any medicine. Praise God for His great gifts.
We took 5 classes at Camp Don Lee in order to review for the competition this weekend. I wasn't sure how much of a review it would be since what we have to learn is so advanced, but once the staff understood how far along the boys are, they amped up the lessons. All of our teachers/guides had some sort of degree in these fields, so it was really a great review! The first class we took was a tidal creek study, and we got to go canoeing for that. I didn't get any pix since I was unsure about losing the camera in the water. I shouldn't have worried, we didn't flip over. We had classes on ponds, forests, soils, and rivers. Everything was outside and very hands-on. The boys want to go back, and #2 is asking about going to summer camp there.
As I downloaded the pictures off my camera this morning, I realized there are a lot of events I haven't shown you or talked about. I remember a post not too long ago about bumps in the road getting me off-course. This was a really big bump in the road, and I am glad we are about done with it. I need to get some things done!

No comments: