Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Out of Africa

These are the guys that participated in the History Expo with us in our Geography Club. This was our last African event for this year. We met on April 2 with other homeschoolers to display what we have done in the Social Sciences. The kids brought their Power Point presentations to run on a continuous loop, and the lone girl for the day made the backdrop. She had to be somewhere else when we took the picture.
I am not sure what #2 is doing with his crazy tongue, but it was a cool booth/presentation.
We have definitely seen growth in this group of kids. We started five years ago with a study of the American States, and then every year added a little more to our expectations of the kids while learning about a different continent. Next year will be Oceania, Australia, and Antarctica.
The boys also displayed their history tri-fold exhibits from the other History Day that they participated in. The little kids were intrigued with the phones, and a lot of parents went walking down memory lane.
-----------
Just took my last quiz for my online class, 100!!! I take the final in a couple of weeks and then I AM DONE! I still haven't heard anything positive or negative about getting into a program.
Now we are off to the last Art Class for the year for my boys. School is almost finished for us all. YEAH!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: