Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Providence or Procrastination?

I don't know how it happens, but it does every time. I start to think that I am making progress in achieving my goals, and then BUMP! Something is in the road. This week it was goats that were in the road, literally. Hubby, with a little help from me, put up fence on Monday afternoon. The fence was already 4 feet tall, but Sam could bound it in one leap, and had taken to doing so frequently. The baby goats were always squeezing out the bottom and running willy-nilly where they pleased. So we strung barbed wire across the top of the fence, making it about 5 feet tall, and strung around the bottom of the fence to deter squeezers. It was all for naught. Sam can actually jump 5 feet from a standing position! The babies still found a few areas that were loose enough to push through, although they cried every time they did it because the barbs would get them. Now the babies seem to be inside (knock on wood) and Sam is safely ensconced in the dog kennel with the gate tied shut. Whew! What a mess. Now today's bump? I was planning to mow the yard, but it seems I have to replace the lawn mower's battery. I have decided to put it off for a while and study for my quiz. I will be out of town Friday and Saturday, and with 5 kids all day tomorrow the quiz needs to be accomplished today. This may be a BUMP of Providence.

No comments: