Saturday, April 17, 2010

His Presence is a Present

I don't know how God works, but here are some things I do know. The neighbor that #2 ran to to call 911 used to be #1's basketball assistant coach. A doctor lives in the neighborhood. My dog loves his family. He came to help and ask questions. He told the EMT workers all they needed to know. My friend who came to rescue #2 and meet me at the hospital was not supposed to be in town. Her husband decided at the last minute to join her at her parents, and so they had to come back early for him to go to work. Another friend who works at the hospital never works night shift. He signed up for that particular shift a month or so ago. The insurance we had had would not have covered any of this. We were never admitted to the hospital, so it would have been up to us to pay it all. The insurance changed 10 days earlier. I switched it due to my hurt elbow. Hubby was at a Christian conference where much prayer was offered on our behalf. That may not sound out of the ordinary, but I coveted all prayers for my baby. #1 has only gone to the doctor once here, and I couldn't remember the doctor's name. Guess what. He is our neighbor that the dog loves. The biggest God Event however doesn't have any obvious sightings. It was His Peace that kept me calm. It was the knowledge that even if this went horribly wrong, He has our back. I placed #1 verbally (and visually in my head) in my Lord's arms to hold him tight. I didn't know if I would get him back, but the calm assurance of God's Presence was what I needed most. Our God is so loving, so faithful, kind, reassuring, protective, amazing, involved, ...Present!

No comments: