Saturday, April 24, 2010

State Envirothon

I tried using the night vision on the camera, but it makes everything blurry. We had a great time at the State Envirothon. The boys were very concerned about how well they would do. They kept asking me how much of a chance they had of winning. So I found out that there were 52 teams competing, therefore they had about a 2% chance. They were flabbergasted! Anyway, I didn't know what to expect, and it was really, really difficult stuff. However, they came in #20! I was proud of them. I had hoped they would improve their score from the last competition, and they did. The team we lost to before beat us by 15 points and this time they only passed us by 2 points.
We camped at the park where the event was held. I was alone with 5 goofy boys. What a treat! #2 was excited about the otter/beaver hole that he found on the creek bank above. We camped at the creek and listened to that stupid beaver jump in the creek every couple of hours. I will enjoy my bed tonight.
I wanted to camp so that I wouldn't have to control the boys in a hotel. It turned out to be a perfect idea and the weather cooperated. They liked climbing on the rocks at night. We also went on a night hike, and of course they played lots of football. A hotel would have put a damper on all of that.
Here they are after the test. They said it was really hard and they were ready for pizza. They were disappointed by their score, but I think encouraged when we still went to Baskin-Robbins to celebrate. I am very proud of my Dirty Coon Foresters!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: