Thursday, April 15, 2010

Lighten the Mood

Last night was a bit rough. He needed more medicine than he ever has before. I think he wore himself out too much on Wednesday. He has slept nearly the whole day today, but is visiting with the "extra" kids now. He also hopes to attend the County 4H Talent Show this evening. Truly this is what has been foremost in my mind and I can't think of anything else to write about. I thought a couple lighthearted things might help though. #1 had some short term memory loss as part of the concussion. I think we were into the second day of all of the mess when he said his head really hurt. I answered of course it did, he cracked his skull. He looked at me a bit confused and said, "I broke my head? Really?" He just didn't seem to remember any of it. Maybe that was a good thing. I picked up the extra kids from school and they asked how #1 was doing. #4 said, "We've been praying for him. We prayed that he would get better and not have any brain damage." What a sweet boy and family. As we talked about #1 and some things that he will have to be careful about I commented that he can't swim for a couple of months because the pressure of the water could make his brain start bleeding. #4 wanted to know then if he could not wash his hair. I said yes that would be fine; he just can't go underwater. "So if he was outside and it started to suddenly rain he would still be ok?" What a sweetie!

No comments: