Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Second Night

#1 stayed awake about 3 hours in the afternoon and about 5 or 6 in the evening. I kept him up until nearly midnight and then gave him his meds so that he might sleep through the night. It seemed to work. He slept until his dad called at 7:30, I gave him more pain medicine and then he went right back to sleep. Sleep is a good thing for healing his brain. He can't read or watch tv or the computer. Sleeping lets his brain heal instead of stimulating it. #2 slept on the couch upstairs last night. I think it might have been too scary for him to be alone in his room. It would have been farther away from us. This has been hard on him, because without Hubby here to help I have given all of my attention to #1. #2 doesn't have a problem with that and completely understands, but I think he could use some more comfort than I have been able to supply. Thanks for the prayers and well wishes. For myself, it is best to keep busy. Every time I slow down I picture my baby on the road convulsing and get scared again. God has protected and healed so wonderfully, but it is still scary stuff.

1 comment:

brightleigh said...

Still praying for continued healing! Hope to see you Wednesday!