Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Check-up

The doctor visit went well. #1 was feeling much better today. He sat up for an hour and watched tv, then ate a chicken salad sandwich and a glass of milk. During the check-up he said he was hungry, so the return of an appetite is a wonderful sign of improvement. His balance is good, vision nearly great, headaches fewer and less intense, and the sore shoulder has a full range of motion so must just be sore from a hard fall.
The only negative report was that he completely failed the hearing test. During a conversation that followed he made a comment that made it seem as if this is not a new thing related to the concussion. So perhaps he has a hearing deficiency; we will have to make an appointment with an audiologist.
We go back in two weeks for another check-up, but really he seemed to be doing great. Thank you soooooo much for all of your prayers. I am certain they made a difference! Praise the Lord!!!
I commented to Hubby that I was proud of how calm I stayed during all of the ordeal and how well I handled it. He said he wasn't surprised because I am always calm. I said but I have never had to deal with thinking my child might be dead. #1 said, "When was that?" He has no idea of the gravity of the situation. He just thinks he fell off his bike and we are all overreacting. He is getting fed up with having to stay slow and calm. Resting is not at the top of his to-do list. Continue to pray that he will understand the necessity of being careful for a while. Thanks.

No comments: