Monday, April 05, 2010

Easter and Jumping Fences

This was the first Easter since having children that I didn't take pictures. The boys did color eggs, and I got a few pictures of that, but the early morning basket and egg find didn't happen. I guess they are growing up. We had to make #1 get up, and he kept trying to trick me into saying that I did it, not the Easter Bunny. #2 is still trying hard to believe, so I didn't make any comments. The pollen here has been horrific. Everywhere we have lived has presented new problems. Here it is the springtime yellow cloud of pine tree pollen. It looks like a West Texas sand storm brewing. You can actually drive through fogs of pollen if you are near pine trees. I am NOT hanging out clothes in that! We will be putting up some barbed wire in the next day or so. Sam is continually getting out. I let him out last evening so he could graze a bit and not end up with a stomach ache. Instead of grazing in the field with his girls, he jumped the fence. It seems that I should never have let him know what was on the other side of that fence. I have been thinking about that in a parental sort of fashion. I don't want my boys to "jump the fence" and try out all of the sinful things on the other side, but how do I not overprotect them and just plain hide what is on the other side? Still working on that. I have my extra boys all day today. They are on spring break. My boys don't get spring break since we finish school on April 29. They aren't working too hard though. Except for Math and a little Grammar for #1 we are done. We are spending this month working on projects and practicing his speech for the State Competition.

No comments: