Tuesday, June 20, 2006

#1 has decided to stay home again today instead of going to fishing day camp. He is still covered with a couple blisters, but he is drastically improved. I gave him an oatmeal bath last night and it realy seemed to soothe the skin. We tried to pop a blister and it was one of the worse things I have had to do as a mother. He was so afraid and his Dad had to hold him down. He screamed and begged us not to do it. Oh I could have cried. As soon as it was over though he said, "Well that didn't hurt at all." We'll see if he wants to go to camp tomorrow. Oddly enough I have a dermatological appointment today. Perhaps I should take #1 with me. _______ An update on the animals. Goldie is sitting on eggs again. She has been setting for a long time but not on any eggs. I tried to move her to the goat pen where she raised them last time, but she just got mad and broke all of the eggs. I put her in a rabbit hutch next and she seems to have settled there. They should hatch around July 18th. Millie is fairly definitely pregnant. She appears to be getting a little milk sack. I have been trying to get her used to be touched so we can milk her. She will let me touch the under side of her stomach now, but no luck with the udder. Maybe she is a modest girl. We are planning to got o the stock sale tomorrow and see what it is like to sell rabbits and chickens. We thought the boys could start doing that and make a little money. That would also eliminate some of the butchering that #1 especially doesn't like. But right now there is a rooster that is about to get his crowing head chopped off!

No comments: