Thursday, June 22, 2006

Well, #1 made it out of the house yesterday. He went to Nature Day Camp through the 4-H and had a great time. 3 others from our club were also there so he perked up pretty fast. Tomorrow is camp for #2. It involves a few crafts so #1 said no way, not even to be with friends. #1 told me he likes that he is getting better. "I like experiencing God's miracles." he said. He also told me that first night he felt God blowing on his back for a little while. I had been in my room praying that God would place his hands on #1's back. Thank you God. ______________ I have had 3 visits with friends in a week and then last night I got to visit with another friend at church. It is good to be surrounded by friends. I could have spent that time working and catching up, but friends are definitely much more a priority. There are many days I couldn't get through if it weren't for friendship. ______________ Finished reading a good book this week, My Folks Don't Want Me To Talk About Slavery. It is a collection of interviews in 1937 with former slaves from NC. A few patterns emerged that I noticed. Slaves east of Wake County seemed to be treated more humanely. During 1937 the Great Depression was going on and several of them said it was better during slavery- that so much reminded me of Hebrews and Egypt. I also noticed how little thought was put into helping the slaves after the war. Today a lot of thought was put into the aftermath of Germany and Iraq...the slaves were left with nothing to do and nowhere to go. One said it was a two headed snake that pointed north and south. No matter which way they went, they got bitten.

No comments: