Monday, June 19, 2006

It's official, I am a bad mother. We went to the beach on Saturday with a group from church. I was very responsible and slathered everyone with sunscreen. My husband is very sensitive to the sun so I know to keep my eye on him. However, I was not as careful in my watch over #1 and he is burned very, very badly. He had a great time playing in the ocean and someone loaned him a boogie board, so we didn't see much of him for the whole day. About 3 or so I put a shirt on him, but it was too little too late. We stayed home yesterday and let him just lie around. Last night he was in tears because he couldn't lie down. It was the most pathetic thing to hear, "Mommy, do you think I can sleep with you...or am I too big?" No matter how old or big he gets, he will never be too big when he is hurting. He is still my baby. _______ I know why seeing how close you can get to a car is called "playing chicken". I always thought it was because you tried to see who would be the most scared and therefore be the "chicken". After mowing the grass yesterday and nearly running over the stupid things time and time again, I know that it is because chickens are stupid enough to let you do that. So playing chicken doesn't have anything to do with being the most scared but with being the stupidest.

No comments: