Wednesday, June 21, 2006

We used to live in Abilene, Texas, which is considered the beginning of West Texas. I remember one summer people complaining about the humidity. It was something like 12% with temperatures around 105 degrees. Certainly that is hot, but if they could feel this they wouldn't complain. It is 82 degrees now, but 94% humidity. You can see the moisture in the air. That is HOT worth complaining about! It is still only 78 degrees inside, but I think the air conditioning will be put on this afternoon. ____________________ My dermatology appointment went well yesterday. I do not have cancer and what I have does not normally lead to cancer. A definite relief after losing 2 friends to cancer last year. The doctor was nice and spent time with me chit-chatting. He asked what I do and I said I am a stay-at-home mom. It took him several times to figure out what I was saying, but then he asked, "Oh, do you homeschool?" I asked, "Why? Do I look like it?" I thought maybe I had a deranged look about me. I knew it wasn't the uniform because I didn't have on my blue denim jumper and matching children tagging along behind. (Not that I have a jumper...) Anyway, I thought about my answer later that evening and thought of all of the other jobs that might have thrown him off. I am a photographer, cook, baker, housekeeper, children's minister, gardener, lawn care worker, day care provider, nurse, guidance counselor, tour guide, activities director, drill sergeant, teacher, accountant, secretary, phone operator, and so much more. I think the ones that would have thrown him off the most though are rabbit rancher, chicken farmer, and goatherd. Maybe I'll try that next time.

No comments: