Monday, June 05, 2006

I finished reading Eat This Book by Eugene Peterson yesterday. I did enjoy reading it and learned some good things, but I took so long to read it that I can't truly remember many details. Being on the road so much lately has taken me out of my habits- prayer and reading when I first wake. Today I started reading Practicing the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence. The part I read today looks like it will be an easy read (comprehension) so I may remember it better. Also my traveling days are done for a while. I go to get the boys Friday and return Saturday; so maybe then my traveling days will be done! My husband and I are going to a homeschool conference in Richmond that weekend and the grandparents are bringing the boys to us there. I am happy that hubby is interested in going to the conference. He has taken a more proactive role in schooling this past year. This coming school year he is planning to teach Greek to #1. #1 turns 10 this year so there will be several new things for him to encounter. We try to make stages in life for the boys to have something to look forward to as they grow. When they are 10 they are allowed to watch PG movies. They have seen some PG, but we always check it out first and then watch it with them. Which means they have to wait until we have the time to watch it. When they are 10 they can watch PG after we check it out, but we don't have to be present. Other 10 year old rewards and responsibilities are: no bed time, sit where you want in church, attend things with Dad like mens' retreats, but also a lot more work and the school work gets more demanding. Of course all of those things depend on how he reacts to them. If he can't handle the rewards they will be taken away- we are expecting to have issues with the bed time thing, he is such a night owl.

No comments: