Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Checking in a bit late today. I had the joy of a morning with no time demands and stayed in bed longer than usual. It was good to sleep until I wanted to get up. I enjoyed this tidbit this morning in my Brother Lawrence readings..."In God we will see more clearly what we lack than we could in ourselves by all our introspection. In reality, introspection is but the remnant of unexpelled self-love, which, under the guise of zeal for our own perfection, keeps our eyes down on self instead of up to God." As I read that, I thought how many people would be out of work in America if we just had that vision. No more Dr. Phil for sure. Then as I turned on the computer to write, MSN had a blurb about the fascination with self-help. I didn't read it, but I don't think this quote will have made it in there.

No comments: