Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Yesterday I put the two boys to work "spring cleaning" the livingroom, which meant they had to vacuum the furniture and wash the baseboards. It was completed in a very short amount of time so I went in to check their work. There was still quite a bit of dust on the baseboards and so I showed again how to wash them properly. Then I looked under the cushions of the couch. "#2 come here please," I summoned. "There is still dirt here that needs vacuumed." And with a very straight face and honest voice he answered, "That was already there." Well what did he think I was asking him to do? I guess he thought I wanted him to vacuum the dirt that isn't yet there! ____________ Last week #1 asked to get a newspaper so he could look in the help wanted section for a job. I told him they don't have jobs for 9 year olds. He wanted to know why not and I tried to explain the reasoning behind child labor laws. He replied,"But what about my rights to get a job!?" I just hope he feels that way when he is 16.

No comments: